Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 vent line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Feb 7, 2002.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I extended the 208 and axle vent lines up under the hood, but I cant find where the vent on the 700r4 is. I'm assuming it is up high and I'm just not seeing it. A little help would be great.

Also, the 700r4 and rear 10 bolt leak a little fluid. The tranny barely leaks, theres just a little fluid on the pan, and the 10 bolt drips a little, but not very much. I was wondering if fluid can get out, will water be able to get in?? Thanks.

Brian

2. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

The vent is on the top of the case, just aft of the bell housing ... usually a little plastic tube that sticks out a couple of inches and kind of lays flat against the case.

As for the leak -- Make sure it's tranny fluid ... my rear seal leak was getting into the bell housing and onto the TC and getting slung around ... looked like it was a tranny leak (other than it was oil and not TF)