Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4 Vent tube?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Junkie, Oct 2, 2001.

1. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what size the vent tube is on the 700r4? It is really hard to get to and i need to run it to the engine compartment for the high water crossings. It looks alot smaller than the axle and transfer case vent tubes.

Check out my pictures:
    http://www.geocities.com/jmargtx/index.html

2. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It's teeny weenie (about 1/4"), but be careful. That's where all your burnt ATF will go should the transmission overheat. It might make for a messy interior.

David Oliver
    '85 'burban
    B&B 6.2L J NA
    T-700
    5.5"lift, 35"BFGs
    *Banks Turbo coming soon*

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

that's right. Make sure that you locate your vent so that in the event fluid shoots out of it, it will not hit the exhaust. Also make sure that your transmission dipstick is the locking kind with the red fold-down tab since now your vent will be as high as the top of the dipstick tube.

<font color=green>Does a Dyslexic Insomniac Athiest lay awake at night wondering if there's really a Dog?</font color=green>

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

If you look on the main page and see a cloud of smoke completeley engulfing a Blazer, you'll see what happens when your ATF spills over onto your exhaust.[​IMG]

<font color=red>FIRE.....FIRE......YEAH.....FIRE!!!!!</font color=red>

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

5. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

I think it is more like 3/16. I will try to remember to look at mine. I have my trans out right now finishing up a rebuild on it.