Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700R4 where there was none....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, May 31, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright I have a 700r4 sitting in the garage. Considering using it in the S10. The low first gear and the overdrive are very strong draws. Problem is I don't know what it would take to throw it in. The S10 has a 700R4 but thats a different bellhousing and it and the 2.8 are going bye bye. So what will it take to setup a 700R4? TV cable setup attached to the throttle on my carb.... what else? I looked at it this weekend and didn't note any electrical hookups. I'm guessing its an older 700R4 and doesn't have some electronic controlled torque converter lockup. Is that impossible?

I sure wish my rotating assembly wasn't already balanced with that flexplate, if it weren't I'd be hunting down something like a T10 to 241 adapter :D

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All 700R4's will have an electrical hookup on the drivers side of the case. You should be able to swap in the correct 700R4 (bellhousing) and just make sure the TV cable is hooked up and adjusted properly and you're done.

3. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

It should not be much of a problem at all because you all ready had a 700 in there so you have all the wiring and correct collant lines.