Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by shoeless, Dec 1, 2001.

1. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

Looking for a 700r4 in good working order. Preferably one of the later years, and in Texas.

Thanks

2. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Have one for you... sitting in my garage... has torque convertor and flywheel cover... currently mated to a 400sbc, but will seperate... have a NP208 to go with that as well... but if you are interested in just the tranny I could sell it for 400 with torque convertor, flywheel cover and seal kit... talk to me... make me a deal... live in Killeen near temple in Texas... IF you don't know where those two are... I am in between Waco and Austin...
    Oh and by the way the tranny was in good running condition a few months back...

72 Chevy Blazer, 327, SM-465, NP 205, 4in lift, 35 in tires
    Was About to put in 400 SBC/ 700-R4
    Now trying to go 454/ 400/ 205 setup

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Sweet.. more Texan's.. Round Rock here..
    You stationed at Fort Hood? I am..
    Let me know if you're interested in getting together with some other local k5 owner's for off-roading.
    My info is on my profile.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

4. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I am stationed at Ft. Hood as well... so you live in Round Rock? Man, that must be a commute...? My wife commutes to and from Austin everyday, but she says she enjoys it... yeah I am interested in getting together, but I have to get my truck back together before I can do anything... right now my tranny and transfer are sitting in my garage along with a mess load of other [censored] that I eventually plan on selling if the price seems right... you know.I have to get my list together and then I will post it up here...sometime... just haven't gotten everything yet. Hey man keep in touch and let me know whats going on...

5. shoeless

All I need is the tranny, don't need the t-case. The best I can do right now is $325. Do you know what year it is, and aproximate mileage on it?

Thanks,
    Joe

6. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Yeah I can sell it for 325... just for the tranny... do you need the torque convertor and flywheel cover or no? It won't be extra if you need them... i'll throw those in as well. Was just wondering.

To answer your question the tranny was made in 88 or 89 according to the numbers on the casing and it was in a 91 blazer... As for mileage... I don't know... I have a seal kit and I was supposed to get some kevlar bands for it as well... just got a cool deal on ebay for them so I bid for them and won... the seal kit will come with it n/c as for the kevlar bands I still have yet to receive those... if they come in they will be yours as well... all if you want them... let me know if this is good for you...?
    James

7. shoeless

That sounds great, I'll take the torque convertor and the flywheel cover. I'd rather use the convertor that was originally with the tranny anyway. Probably the earliest I could come get it would be this Sunday or Monday. Let me know when would be best for you. I can get to Killeen, no problem, but I'll need directions to your place or we could meet somewhere, either way is cool. You can email me at shoeless00@hotmail.com or give me a call 281-797-4008

Thanks,

Joe

8. jmeador74

jmeador74 1/2 ton status

Sounds good... normally I would be willing to meet you somewhere, but right now... my beast is in the slow process of a changeover and its pretty much on blocks for right now... Sunday would be good for me... I should be home all day doing nothing... no plans... uh... here's my number 254-501-9674 so when Sundays coming on I will give you the addy and good directions to the house. Talk to you later.

9. shoeless

ok, I'll give you a call closer to Sunday then.

Thanks again,

Joe