Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

When I put the R4 and NP208 in my truck, do the tranny and x-fer case shifters still hook up the same? Does the x-fer case shifter still stick through the same hole in the floor? Anyone know what it costs to o'haul a stock 700R4 and put in all the upgrades (not including r&r labor)??

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

2. River

River 1/2 ton status

I just did a rebuild on my 700R4 with a B&M transkit (70233). orderd it from summit racing payed $215 dollars.
    I`m putting the transmission in tonight so i hope i can tell you how it shifts tommorow.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `89, K5, TH700R4, "33, 2.73

3. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Just put a rebuilt 700R with a shift kit in my 86. A rebuilt minus core was $800.00 (Canadian). A buddy of mine put it in at his shop (he had the hoist, tranny jack etc.) for $100.00. Best $900.00 I've spent. What a performance enhancer. Replaced all the u-joints at the same time. Got rid of my vibration problem. The front u-joint was actually a stock one. Sure lasted a long time.

Good Luck!!

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

4. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

Be careful with that summit kit.
    If your 700R4 is pre 89 there is a required other parts not included that cost another 700 or more dollars.
    The instructions list all the required upgrades before their kit can be used on an earlier tranny.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A fire fighter friend of mine did a rebuild wioth all the upgrades and shiftkits and servos and whatever custom stuff for 550 bucks. He said its normally about 750. Stay away from chain type stores.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim