Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Batchman, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Batchman

Batchman Registered Member

Need Help! What does the tailhouse bushing look like on the 700 and where is it realative to the rear tranny seal? Is it the copper looking sleeve right inside the real tranny seal, how do I cahnge it? #2 How much play up and down should the shaft have in it once the tail house is off? #3 The round thingy on the drivers side with the clip holding it on(not speedo cable but on the main tranny body?) is that the servo evryone talks about putting the corvette servo in? and how hard it that to change?

Once again lots of questions thanks for the help!

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

First off, what are you trying to do? Please give us more details.

Are you rebuilding this unit? You should pick a manual. The Haynes GM auto transmission book is pretty good and less than $20. It will show you all of the bushing locations. It will also tell you a lot of other things to look for while you're working on it.

There is a round cover on each side of the 700. The one that has a large wire-looking clip holding it on is the servo (driver's side). The servo is on the passenger's side and is held in by a large snap ring. Either one can be changed easily with the tranny in the truck. However, you should be careful changing the servo without measuring the proper pin depth. The speedo cable only comes out of the tranny on 2WD applications. 4x4's have it in the T-case. The cable coming out of the tranny is the T/V cable, it runs to the throttle linkage.

Be aware that changing to the Corvette servo generally requires some other changes to the transmission, since it affects the 2-4 band apply/release speeds. This can cause binding in the 2-3 shift unless you make the other changes.

3. Batchman

My trannyreal seal was leaking o I out a new one in sealed up for 2 days then started leaking again. someone said the rear tail house bushing is bad so I'm pulling off the tail section mainly to cahnge the tail house bushing if I can? I was just wondering about the servo since I was down there?

Really just want my tranny to quit leaking! Also now that the shaft is exposed I wondered how much play it was supposed to have?

4. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

Get the transgo kit, its a cinch to install with the included video, plus it got the vette stuff. Summit sells it for about $130. Great Result.

5. Batchman

I found this write up about transgo would you say this is right?

Holds 1st-2nd-3rd at any RPM. Backshifts at your command. Reduces the chance of band/ clutch failure. (Stick Shift option included)

What is stick shift option?

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

stick shift is you shifting it. the trans does not shift automaticly
    not as good as a manual valve body but it is ok
    grant