Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

70's Hickey Sidewinder Winch...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by K5 NUTT, Mar 3, 2003.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

70\'s Hickey Sidewinder Winch...

Guess this might just be impossable to find...i know a few on the board have came across these old dealer installed winches...i want one for my 1976 Chalet because it will hide right behind the front bumper...

Doug W.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: 70\'s Hickey Sidewinder Winch...

I've got one. Complete with the exception of the remote. I have the factory mounting bracket, all hardware, and even the little dinky hawse fairlead. It needs a new cable. $150 + shipping

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Right on! And its tax return week...lol. Can you send me some pics if possable..all i have are some old dealer brochures that show the lil fairlead where the front license plate goes..i think it would be a cool addition to my 76 Chalet...

Oops..caught it on your web shots...just to confirm...it came off a chevy pick up mid 70's....and would like a lil help with how it installed if you saw it actually on the truck...if not no prob i'll figure it out.

Ship to zip code 81505...grand junction colorado...i'll have it sent to the shop as commercial is slightly cheaper...i'll pow wow with the wife tonight and get back with you.

Doug W.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It came off of a 73 K20 that I'm parting out. The guy I got it from had already removed it when I picked it up, so I'm not 100% on how this thing goes together. Just so you know, this thing it plenty heavy, so expect shipping to cost a bit.

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

No worries..i realize its heavy and shipping will be spendy...but it will be cool on the Chalet...most people won't even see it with the chalets spare tire in the way...hehehe.

DW /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif