Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

70's pontiac freaks, look in here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Feb 16, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

70\'s pontiac freaks, look in here

i picked up a 74 pontiac ventura today, in which saved it from getting scrapped, and all that looks to be wrong is broken front U joint in which ill fix when i can afford a U joint from NAPA and also clean up the carb real good since it needs done badly, so ill have a running vehicle again until i can ever get the parts found that i need for the trans am to get it onto the road after putting a 76 350 and th350 in it last fall, gotta find radiator and compelte exhaust of some kind dunno what is going to work cept very custom..... hmm....

i was looking online just now to find out anything new about the X-body pontiacs that i already didnt know and i found this page/site: http://ultimategto.com/1974cars4.htm

GTO look that much the same as a ventura ?? i thought GTO were a whole different car from a ventura, but according to the page above they both look totally completely identical cept parking lights location

the GTOS ive ever seen(been a long time) dont look anything like a ventura, no where even close and actually look alot like the barracudas and such, nothing like an X body did, and actually seem boxier and larger and lower than the X bodies were

whats going on ? what happened ?? maybe im thinking of the old 60s pontiac muscle cars ???

if they are identical for real then ive officially never seen a 70s pontiac of any kind in my life in that case- cept for this 74 ventura now, hell ive never seen a nova of any year for well over two years now, all gone, just like any blazers cept for about 87-up, any late 70's vehicles, anything old liek that, rare as hell here

hmmmmm.....

anyways so far ive found out that the one i have is a
    2 pontiac,
    XY ventura
    4 1974
    69 4 door sedan
    D 250ci engine,
    04D built 4th week of march,
    A52 bench seat,
    49 Pinemist Green Metallic but is now purple,
    L Van Nuys Cali plant
    536 interior trim unknown so far

2Y69D4L128355 if someone can run a VIN checker?

thanks

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: 70\'s pontiac freaks, look in here

Yep, 74 was the final year for the GTO. It was pretty much a trim package on the Ventura, much as the GTO was a trim package on the Tempest in 64(except in 64 it had a killer motor).

I've always loved the 74 GTOs, almost like a mean looking Nova, but in Pontiac clothes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

interesting, i had no clue,

wierd.. lol so gto was just an extra package ? thats crazy.., what about the Judge then ??

thanks

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

at its debut and its end the GTO was just a package but in between it was its own car. The Judge was just a package for the GTO. Personally my favorite GTOs are the 66 and 67s with the angled grill. Someday I will own one of them with a nice blown 455 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

so there was a package for ventura and a package for that package and a package for that package again ?

freak..

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

also if anyone knows anyone who might be interested in this car for restoration or collecting or something then id take a running pickup or nova or something else full size chevy gmc RWD for trade like caprice impala or something else normal and bigger, even if it needs some things done to it also tht arent major, this ventura also needs rear pipe and muffler too. otherwise is fine with brakes, steering, engine, tranny, floor pans, doors, glass, etc.

windshield may need resealed and that trim is missing around it for some reason, otherwise car is complete all there
    its out her ein driveway right now, had to charge up battery it was getting low from sitting since last fall, hehe, its all better and starts right up now /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes it is stupid haha, thats what happens damnit! Originally it was the Tempest GTO then it became its own car but there was still the Tempest and the LeMans, but then it reverted back to a package. Don't ask me, Pontiac is truly one of the SCREWIEST car companies from that time. Try learning Pontiac motors man, I know a bit about them but they changed year to year its insane. I just last night after months of owning a 400 discovered it has 4X heads with big valves and screw in studs factory. I knew it had 4Xs but never looked into what they could be good for, if I build a stroker motor I may just keep them.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats crazy stuff

dang

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    in which saved it from getting scrapped,

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I almost bought one a few years ago, But they wern't a good investment. It was 2,000 then and would be 2,100 now!!
    The only reason why i didn't, was the guy hacked up the roof and put in a GAY aftermarket dual window sunroof.
    they only came with a 350ci.