Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

71 blazer, electric fuel pump?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bp71k5, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I've got what looks like some kind of electric fuel pump on the passenger side frame rail. It's looks really old and the hoses that go to it are disconnected. Does anyone know what this is? I can try taking a picture later tonight.

2. jfortner

jfortner Registered Member

Might Be

It might be a fuel switch. Mine had a single tank but had that under it. It allowed someone to select a secondary tank; the wires were even up in the dash but there wasn't a switch up there? Who knows why.

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have my fuel pump mounted on the pass side frame rail right in front of rear spring hanger. I don't run the mechanical pump though.

4. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

That's right about the spot I'm looking at. I have a mechanical pump on the motor which is working, but wasn't sure what the heck this thing was. Thanks for the confirmation.

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I installed mine there, its not factory, just the closest spot I could mount it to the tank.