Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

71 Heater Vaccum Shematic. Help Please!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1Blazin71, Jan 23, 2001.

1. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

Aug 23, 2000
    I just got a new control box for our 71 from LMC. The quality looks pretty good. The old one has a couple of broken levers and has all of its vaccum lines missing.

I'm hoping someone can help me with the proper vaccum line routing for this control box. The box has 3 connectors for vaccum labeled 1, 2, and 3 which are controlled by the inside | outside | defroster lever.

Our truck was originally an AC truck but has had most of the engine side AC stuff gutted.

Currently, I have a vaccum line running from the engine to the heater control valve on the heater hose. When I want heat I disconnect the vac line. When I dont I connect it to the valve.

Does anyone know which (if any) of the repair manuals (Chilton, etc.) have good coverage of the heater/AC assemblies for a 71?

While Im under there I plan to replace all of the OEM paper duct tubing with the plastic versions I also picked up from LMC. The core and blower motor were replaced a few months back and I'm hoping to have a fully operational heating system again after this weekend.

Matthew Meyer
    '71 K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R
  2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Well I cannot answer your question. All of my heater controls use cables, not vac lines.
    You may beable to find what your looking for at http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com