Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

71 is 8 lug now!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MNorby, Sep 16, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

got my d44 front put together using parts from 3 different axles to make 1 front with 4.10s, 8, lug and the best hubs and shafts and otehr goodies from the 3 axles. Thanks to MTChevy for the deal on the 8 lug stuff and a local friends for the 4.10 stuff. Here is is sitting on an old set of 305s (33s). Rear is a bit squaty not after the zero rates in front to take front an inch and half forward and give it some pinion shim so I will install the overloads into the 56s rears and if needed cut an extra set of overloads down into a zero rate deal for the rear. This has no fuel tank in the rear. I am getting a 31 gal from a gen 2 blazer so with that extra weight I'm sure it will need teh extra.

71blazer91606.jpg

2. MNorby

photochop of the front of each fender being trimmed. Makes axle look more centered with the front of fender trimmed to match angle of the rear of the fenders

fenderchop.jpg

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

thanks for taking that axle off my hands!!! i got a 14BFF for cheap too if you know anyone who wants it

4. MNorby

Hey no prob, thanks for makin me a deal

Here is some front end bling. Note, I needed longer u-bolts after the zero rates so only have one attached on each side till I get my other ones "blinged up" for it. Axle also got dusty after a couple days in the shop.

DSC03489.JPG

5. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

wow you definatly made it look good!

6. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What's the final tire size your going with?

Have you found time to shave that 14FF yet? :wink1:

7. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looking good, quick transformation.

8. MNorby

Haven't shaved the 14FF, just got it under there so I can get it driving here soon. Plan was to collect parts to disk brake it later too but I already have those parts now except for cutting the brackets so when I do that I will prob shave too. I have some old 35s off my towrig I may run, a friend has some 36s I could pick up and other friend wants to trade me a set of 38 ground hawgs for some old parts I may run them. Biggest thing is this is my ultimate budget wheeler so don't wanna spend much $$$. Ultimately I would love to run 37 MTRs on it.