Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

71 K-5 top Questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Aug 4, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

How do you remove the top of a 71 K-5. See the bolts in front and back. Is there any in the middle. Help.

2. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Ask biggrey 71 he just had the top off of his, I have a 71 as well but I havent had the top off yet.

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

From your post, I assume you have a double wall top. There are several bolts holding it on that come up from the bottom. You have to remove the rear side panels to get to them. If it's a single wall top, all the bolts go down from the top side.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

4 bolts hold the top to the windshild ( 2 though the visor mount,2 behind the visor in to the frame) 6 bolt down each side (from the bottom for dubbel wall, from the top for singel wall) plus one on each side at the back. I take mine off each spring and replace it with a softtop. Take care of the top as the warp easly stop them flat on block not on one side or such. My door fit better whit the top on than when off and there is less body flex with the top on.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

5. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Thank's for the infor. It must be a Double wall top because I can't see any bolts on the inside. Is the double top better in the winter for mosture on the inside of the top.

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The dubbel way was just on of t00 types there is reson stated any place that I haves seen as to why both tops showed up only in 70 and 71. the singel wall was used in 69 to 71 with the dubbel wall showing from 70 to 72, the 73 and up uses similer top to the dunnel wall.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken