Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 blazer cost

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 724fishin, Oct 12, 2001.

1. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I live in California and interested in buying a 72 or earlier blazer. They seem to be hard to find in California?

My mechanic buddy has a line on a 72 blazer, we are going to look at it on Monday. My buddy bought his boat from this guy and says he mechanically maintains things very well. I spoke with the seller tonight and some of the things her mentioned it has are stock suspension, new tires <3000 mi, after market front bumper with warn winch, delta 4 flowmaster exhaust, tri-y headers, after market flex plate, gear reduction starter, ragtop and hardtop, and vairous drive-train components replaced. The body is in good shape with some bubbling and one hole in the rocker panels.

He is asking $4,500. Does this sound like a good price and I am sure it is negotiable.

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 724fishin on 10/12/01 10:32 PM.</FONT></P>

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Ask if the rocker boxes and winshield frame are not rusted out.They are expensive repairs if they are rusted out.When I say rocker box I mean the large metal box welded to the tub and are behind the rocker panels.If they are in good shape I'd say snatch it up before I do!

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

3. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

Also, check out the bed where it meets the tailgate and also the wheel wells. Remember, the rust you see is only about half of what's there. The rockers are a realitivly easy fix as parts are availible. The others are a different story. Good luck and don't let a little welding and body work scare you.

"KEEP IT DOWN"
    70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

4. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I just wanted to pop this one up one more time before I go to look at the truck tomorrow.

Is $4,500 a reasonable price for a mostly stock 72 in decent shape?

Thank you for the replies I have received, now I know a little more about what to look for. If I do get the truck I am sure you all will be getting a lot more questions from me.

Thanks again.

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I paid $4000 for my 69 but it is far from stock, '72 350, TH350 with shift kit, headers, 2.5" stainless exhaust, HEI disty, 6" lift, 35's. The body is in good shape with no rust and only a few dings. The electrical is a total nightmare however. About 5 years ago, I sold my '72 for $3900 in it had some holes in the bed below the tail gate. I think that I got my new 69 for a screamin' deal. I have been told by several that it is at least a $6000 truck. $4500 could be a reasonable price if the truck is in good shape. The rust everyone has mentioned is probably the #1 thing to look for. Also, check out the frame around the steering box. These trucks, especally the later models, are prone to cracking around the steering box. Make sure the 4wd works too.

'69 K-5/350/TH350/35's & 6" Lift

6. frito

frito Registered Member

i got my 71 blazer for 1500, its got a good amt of window frame rust (wheelin has knocked it all out!), only some rocker panel rust on drivers side (past owner did alot of repair work), and a little bit of rust at the end of the bed... it also had a brand new 350 in it ... and every thing works 100% even the heater and all gauges less the water temp.. i bought it in so. san fancisico the down side is it was missing the rear seat, drivers door panel and handle and it was 3 differient colors =) a good deal though i would say =)

7. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

I paid $5500 for my 71. It had 60K miles and a tiny bit of rust on the inner front fender wells (texas truck). If the one you are looking at has only little rust then 4500 is a good deal. Anything else that could go wrong mechanically is easily fixed on these good old machines because mechanical items are still readily available if you are willing to upgrade.
    JT