Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Blazer frame

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gbfan, Jul 7, 2004.

1. gbfan

gbfan Registered Member

quick question about a 72 blazer frame. are all blazer frames squared off on the end near the rear bumper. my rear bumper bolts directly to the frame. I was looking at rear bumper brackets and noticed that it calls for 4 brackets 2 for each side. I have 1 on each side.

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I don't have a factory bumper but I believe two connect at the frame and two go from the frame out to the corners of the bumper.

3. gbfan

gbfan Registered Member

thanks thats what i have.

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

In stock form there are four arms/brackets attached to the rear of the frame. It's on those that the deflectors sit on. Look at an LMC catalog, it shows the parts pretty well.

5. gbfan

gbfan Registered Member

My last post there was not right. my frame runs all the way to my bumper i only have two brackets one on each side. My bumper bolts directly to my frame not to a bracket and then to my frame. I will try to get a pic of it. My deflector bolts to the outside bracket and to the top of the frame.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I have both a 71 and 72, the 71 does have a shorter fram and requires 4 brackets. whereas the 72 requires two brackets, the ones that extend diagnally.

ARQ.