Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 blazer front clip

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HIX, Feb 26, 2003.

1. HIX

HIX Registered Member

What is it worth?

It is the fenders, grill and radiator support. Not in perfect condition, a few dings but no rust

I got this w/ my new blazer as an extra. But I don't need it.

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

How clean is the grille?

3. HIX

HIX Registered Member

The grill is great. The chrome around it is scuffed b/c the rocket scientist that stored it placed it on the front.

Bout the same condition as the one on the truck I just bought. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the 1500 bucks I paid for my truck and the extra clip was a preety good deal.

400/350/205, 33s, leaks from everywhere.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I think thats a 70 or 71 grill

5. HIX

HIX Registered Member

The pic is to just give you an idea of the condition. The pic is of the truck. The clip is not on the truck, but the condition is similar

6. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

the grille in the picture is from a 69 or 70 and it depends on your location as to it's value.

7. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

yes, that is deffinetly a 69 or 70 grille. That is nothing to be ashemed of though! I sure wish I had that style of grille on my '72 there are none around here in that condition that I could buy.

8. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

HIX, could you please fill out your profile, I would liek to know where you are from. It'd also be nice to see your whole truck. take some more pics, cant see it all, but 1,500 sounds like a great deal! I got mine for 1,800 and it had tiny TINY TINY tires on it, old to (bought in 1878) they were brand new tho, the truck I bought was in a garage since 1978. no rust in obvious places (only in the higly prone spots) I put 31's on it now, I think my suspension sags too muchh to go any bigger.

9. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

and a winch too! I dont have one, but they cost about $1000 new, and I am guessing that came with the truck?!?! Now I wish I would have found that truck beore you!

10. HIX

HIX Registered Member

Bad pics..but you get the idea. I need help in setting the timing and adjusting the carb. it has a HEI. The carb is missing the kickdown, plus the vacume advance is unhooked and ihave no idea where to hook it up to. Any info would help. It is a Quadrajet carb. I have only had Fuel injected cars so this crap is foriegn to me.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

You should check your VIN because the grill and hood are from a '69 or '70. Also, I don't know where those 400 badges came from but as far as I know, first gen blazers never had 400s. Does your truck have a 400 now or did someone just put those on for fun?

Post some better pictures when you get a chance. It looks like you got a nice truck there.

12. HIX

HIX Registered Member

The motor is a 400. It was swapped in by the previous owner. The bodt on the truck is ok except the rockers have been cut out and right where the right rear tail light is the corner is a bit dented(anyone have an extra tail light and marker light?. There is no rust on the floor, door posts, body mounts, rad support. It is missing the T-handle for the rear hatch.

13. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

That is true. 1st gens did NOT come with 400's they were available in 2nd gens tho. I got a 2nd gen with a factory 400 in it behind the barn. It is (was) owned by my uncle and he said whatever I wanted from it, I could have. So, I have my eyes on the 400. it did throw a rod (sticking oout of the oil pan) and I have no idea in what shape the block is in. I am anxiuos to see.