Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'72 Blazer FS- New Description Available!!

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by J.Lance, Feb 19, 2004.

1. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

\'72 Blazer FS- New Description Available!!

I went by earlier today to take another look and have a detailed description at this link:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=92055

$1300 o.b.o. ($1K will probably get it bought, then part it out or do whatever with it!!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Re: \'71 Blazer/Jimmy FS

ooooh part it out... part it out. I will take the doors, maybe the top and the wheels /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

why in the freak would someone part out a rig like one of these ?? i guess some ppl dont know how rare these things are, you dont ever see a single one ever, its crazy.

and this one doesnt even have any real bad rust, just a little on pass side very fixable.

id love to snag hold of it, i can dream for right now,

good luck

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Well... I suppose that some of us that currently drive a first gen like it when others part them out... so we can turn OUR rigs into "nice" rigs with OEM parts. I know... call me crazy... Also, if you move to a state that doesnt salt the roads (like Oregon or Washington) you will see them semi-often... There are 4 that "live" within a 1/4 mile radius of me.

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

You still don't part something that nice out. Like I always say, these are getting rarer by the day and parting or scrapping one will only decrease the number remaining. That would just be ridiculous to bring a Blazer in that shape to its death. Hell, my K5 is a huge POS, but I still don't go around begging people to part out their nice trucks just so mine can be nicer. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif So Lance, here's to hoping you can buy it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Most of the ones I see parted out are either rusted into the ground or wrecked with bent frames. This one will probably take a little more work than the pictures let on but still a good one to fix. No comments on the '70 GMC!!??? Check it out! $5500
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=91275 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark

I would gladly swap him a chevy tailgate for his GMC one. The one I have is even about the same blue in color from a 72 Cheyenne /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

10. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Tailgate is pretty straight on the outside but can't remember what it's like on the inside. I seriously might end up with it and I might be interested in swapping you. I'll let you know or pm me if you don't hear for a while. Thanks.

Jason

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    why in the freak would someone part out a rig like one of these ?? i guess some ppl dont know how rare these things are, you dont ever see a single one ever, its crazy.

and this one doesnt even have any real bad rust, just a little on pass side very fixable.

id love to snag hold of it, i can dream for right now,

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

1st Gens are not THAT rare.... (though maybe in IL) Spend a few minutes with AutoTrader.com or CollectorCarTrader.com and you can find plenty of them at any given moment.

I know of a local 1969 K5 (I'll grant you 69s are a LOT more rare than 72s!) for $1800, and at least two more '72s....

Seriously, buy a one-way ticket to CA, AZ, NV or wherever and drive a NICE one back with you. Knowing what I know now about the vehicles out here (I'm originally from New England) I'd never buy a local rust-belt vehicle again....there are just too many nice clean examples still around at good prices.

12. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

I would agree they are not particularly "rare", you just have to pony up the dollars. There are about 4 or so in the Trader right now in Colorado ranging from $3K to $12K.

13. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I would agree they are not particularly "rare", you just have to pony up the dollars. There are about 4 or so in the Trader right now in Colorado ranging from $3K to $12K.

[/ QUOTE ]

No arguement from me.....1st Gens are worth the money! Heck, I just spent $2000 for a bare 1969 K5 tub and front clip (no frame, no running gear, etc) and I'm HAPPY about it.

....then again, I'm one of those "big-headed 1st Gen guys"!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Re: \'72 Blazer FS- New Description Available!!

BTT with new detailed description!

15. news_photog976

news_photog976 Registered Member

why does it have to be in Colorado????? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

This is Colorado K5 right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Everything I want is usually on the other side of the country too!