Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Blazer K5 soft top, rhino lined, 350 in NJ

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by mberliner1626, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mberliner1626

mberliner1626 Registered Member

I'm asking for $8,000

All the hard (and expensive) work has been for you! I bought this truck this winter but a career change is making me sell it. I was planning on using it as my everyday vehicle and I was close to finishing it. Take it over, pop the buttons on the soft top and cruise all summer long.

Here are some details:
    On 4/3/06, the floor boards were replaced and the entire truck tub inside and out was rhino lined, the wheel wells are rhino lined... NO RUST EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!! At this time a custom 6 pt roll cage was built and installed, custom side steps were built and installed, the old hard top was discarded (cracked) and a new Best Top Tiger Top was installed. So right off the bat you have a truck that will never rust out, a new soft top, a new roll cage and new side steps. PRISTINE WORK!!!! COST WAS OVER $4000.00.
    On 6/20/06 I addressed the brakes and shocks. New front pads and calipers were installed and the rotors were cut. This is probably the last cut for the front rotors. New rear drums were installed, new rear wheel cylinders, new rear drum shoes and new rear axle lines. New front shocks were installed and of course the system was bleed and the brake fluid replaced. COST WAS OVER $1200.00.
    Okay going back a few years. 7/19/04, from the previous owner. Bumpers were replaced, dash pad was replaced, glove box was replaced and tons of light parts - covers, bulbs, bezels, gaskets, etc. Basically a quick face lift. OVER $1000.00. in parts.
    Here are some other facts:
    Automatic, Chevy 350 recent rebuild (41,000 miles on rebuild), dual exhaust, holley carb, edlebrock intake, HEI distributor, new spark plus, new plug wires, radiator replaced 1997, new starter 2000, new altenator 2002, new universal joints 2000. 1/2 ton axles.
    Brand new heavy duty SUV battery from Sears. Oil change just done and radiator flushed and coolant replaced. New radiator cap installed.
    All 5 tires are brand new less than 10,000 miles on them. BF Goodrich radials. Truck has a spare tire.
    Some of my opinions:
    I put only the driver seat back in after the rhino lining. I don't like that the seats I have only have a lap seat belt. I was in the process of searching ebay and the junk yards for some Chevy power seats with built in shoulder harnesses (like the new blazers, tahoes and escalades). They are out there and available, they should fit this truck just fine (just watch the width) you might have to forget about a center console to make room. I have the passenger seat. These seats are not ripped or damaged. I just didn't like them.
    The truck has no stereo. Easy enough, call Crutchfield and order something up.
    I hate the Holley Carb on this engine. I hate it. I can't get it set. The truck will start but sometimes I need a blast of starter fluid. I was going to replace it with an original Rochester (more reliable, easier to set in my opinion), I saw one on Ebay but didn't bid because I was going to sell the truck.
    The doors need a slight adjustment, after being reinstalled after the rhino lining they have slipped out on the bottom. Should be an easy fix.
    It is liste on Ebay, the item # on ebay 220006958880. E-mail any questions to mberliner@cwpressroom.com

Blazer Bed.jpg

Blazer Side 1.jpg

Blazer Side 2.jpg

Blazer New Plug Wires.jpg

Blazer Interior.jpg

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

This old beauty would be smog exempt :waytogo: in California, so that should get you some bites.

3. mberliner1626

4. mberliner1626

5. mberliner1626

Price reduced for Colorado K5 members! Now $7000

6. mberliner1626

Ebay auction ends tomorrow!

7. mberliner1626

Relisted on E-bay with significantly lowered buy it now and reserve. This Blazer needs a new home... help her out!!!