Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Blazer Softtop

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Beaz, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

Anyone have any experiance or info on the Bestop Tigertop for 72 Blazer. I'm tired of finding 4 "friends" when I want to get the fiberglass off. Its double wall and in good shape, would be interested in selling it.

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

What kind of shape is the lift gate in? I would be willing to pay to get the lift gate shipped if it is in good shape and you would be willing to let it go for a decent price.
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a BesTop on mine. The windows are hard to take care of (just like any soft top), and it flapps on my roll bar (non-factory)...but I like it alot more than the hard top and driving in the rain with no top got old.

4. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

It is in decent shape but needs touch up work on the fiberglass. It latches, and doesn't leak. I would rather sell the top complete. I don't have any idea how much it is worth but I'm not looking to screw someone. Just don't want to store it.

5. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

How is the Bestop attached, with snaps or like the Jeep with the metal lip. How well does it keep weather out around the windows and above the windshield?

6. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I like mine but it leeks around the doors a little at the top by the wind shield. It snaps on. The only major problem I have had is that the seams for the windows have started to come a part it only been on the truck a year but I had the top for a while before I put it on. Im going to have one made out of boat canvas for it that what I can have them put zipers on the sides to remove the windws instead of rolling them up it when I want the top open.

7. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

Thanks I never thought about my boat top maker!

8. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

Does your bestop snap around the windshield, sides and tail gate or does it slide into tracks? How well does it keep out the weather? Thanks.

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It snaps around everything! I like it better that way but I didn't mine drilling the holes in my truck. It you want to drill less holes go with a Fast Track top.

10. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

The only place mine snaps is the wind sheild and the tail gate down the sides it has a angle alumminam that the snaps snap to and then it bolts on threw the same holes as the hard top.

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I have the Specialty top (one of CK5 sponsors and gives discounts to CK5 members) tops and I love it. I wouldnt go back to my hard top even if I hadnt sold it to another CK5'r /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

No leaks other than when I leave the windows down /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

-Ryan

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I'll trade your hardtop back to you for your softtop Ryan! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    For what it's worth, Ryan's softtop looks SWEET! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Uh... No thanks, thats ok. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but thanks for the compliment. It will look even better once I get the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif painted yellow and have my bumpers on. (T-Roy and I will be building me a set once yours are done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

14. Beaz

Beaz Registered Member

Is yours a Fast Track?