Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Body on a 80 Frame?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jefferson-Mo, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Jefferson-Mo

Jefferson-Mo 1/2 ton status

Retard newbie here...........

Has anyone ever done this?

Wheelbase/axle width the same or close?

Body mounts close?

I've always been a car guy...know everything about Camaros Chevelles and Impalas but this is my 1st truck venture.............

2. chevy111

chevy111 1/2 ton status

Ive heard of it being done. I remember someone saying the wheelbases are only a couple inches off. I also know that the 1st gen frame doesn't have the problem with the frame cracking near the steering box. makes more sense to me if you want stronger just box the older frame. You could always update the suspension if its not what you want.

3. goneballistic

goneballistic Registered Member

im getting ready to put a 70 on a 74 frame. i cant find a good 1st gen frame around, that someone wants to get rid of. im building a trail rig and the only mounts i have to worry about is the front cab mounts, the rest will work for me, because from the seats back it will be all custom. i know another guy who has a 72 on an 79 frame, he didnt have to much problem, he runs in mud runs. you just got to get the tub on top and see what you need to fab up.

4. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

I just put a 70 cab on my 79 blazer frame. There is a post in here of the build up. It was pretty easy. Just used that body mounts off the 70 frame.

5. 68on44s

68on44s Registered Member

i have a 67 body on a 76 k5 chassis.. the cab and front clip worked nicely.. and i cut the bed