Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'72 Cheyenne/20 2WD 3/4 Ton $600 MN

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by botboy, Sep 2, 2005.

1. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Looking to sell my '72 Cheyenne as I've decided to buy a same-vintage K5 blazer.

Truck is a '72 Cheyenne/20, 3/4 ton 2WD, ~120k Miles. Powered by a 350/TH350 with 4.11's out back. Ochre & white striped body is a bit rusty but workable, needs rockers and cab corners like every minnesota truck of this vintage, and I'll include a set of corners I purchased but haven't yet installed.

Motor is converted to TBI fuel injection with 454 TBI, TBI-->Qjet adapter and '7747 ECM with moates G2 adapter & Atmel C1 chip (with a $40 willem programmer you can burn your own custom chips on this baby). The motor is showing its age and maybe the bad influence of a previous life of penzoil usage - I have an extra set of heads for the truck I'll throw in for free, but the motor runs poorly and gets bad mileage, and either a valve or lifter periodically sticks.

For an additional $100 I'll throw in a fully machine shop-prepped block that has been boiled, painted, cam bearings done, glaze broken and checked for cracks.

Automatic transmission shifts fine. Non-tilt column. Rear end has been drained & refilled with synthetic (open). Some rust holes in bed floor & bedsides about wheel wells. Interior in good shape, cheyenne package (fancy interior), MP3 deck, black leather bench & scroll-type door panels. Can throw in extra pair of doors for free. Antenna hole shaved with low-option truck cowl, marine antennae installed behind seat. 2x4" speakers installed below original AM speaker location. Vintage look black dot tri-bar halogen headlights installed within Onyx-black powdercoated headlight doors. Front/rear markers removed & started shaving holes. Front turn signals/running lights & rear lights all smoked professionally by S3 performance in Rockford, appear black when turned off.

Extra parts:
    2 doors (need small repair)
    Cowl (ochre)
    Cab corners
    Heads

All in all a good driveable project truck for someone with a bit of ambition. $600 OBO.

http://www.speedyoldtruck.com/images/0101_008.jpg <- DS Side
    http://www.speedyoldtruck.com/images/DSCF0031.JPG <- interior
    http://www.speedyoldtruck.com/images/DSCF0029.JPG <-PS Side

2. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Someone asked about a few things, I'll repost them here for anyone seriously interested in the truck...

Price dropped to $500. Title is clear, MN plates/tabs good thru next january

Someone expressed interest in the 454 TBI, I sold that and put a regular 350 TBI on the truck

Exhaust - Ramshorns (one drilled/tapped for O2 sensor) into a Y-pipe into a single cheapo muffler thats a bit dinged up that exits right near the back of the cab. Not great for power but works ok, no leaks

Transmission shifts fine, TH350 auto, nothing special, fluid doesn't smell burnt after the last trip it went on (250 miles with a full load in the bed). I'd throw in an SM420, shifter and bellhousing for anyone who would want it if it'd sweeten the deal.

Truck has power brakes, a functional vacuum brake booster, discs in front, drums in rear. Rear DS slave cylinder leaks a little bit, needs fluid added about every month, I just haven't had the time to change it yet.

Also has power steering, good lines and pump, no leaks, no noise, feels nice and tight.

3. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

If ya still have it in a few months I will come and get it, dont have the cash right now :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: :doah: