Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Hardtop Value?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72fan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 72fan

72fan Registered Member

What is my hardtop worth..It is a 72 double wall with a trashed rear hatch, other than that it is in pretty good shape. I am wondering what I should ask for it.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

100, havn't really seen the double for over 350. I would not pay over 350 if in good condition.

single wall tops are worth a lot more.

ARQ.

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

How Come?

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

double wall tops seem to sag at the middle of the roof.

the single wall tops tend to be more sturdy, they also bolt down, so you don't have to remove the side panels. they come with built in dome lights.

ARQ.

5. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I will buy the hatch latch assembly if you are going to sell the rest... I don't need anything but the T Handle & assembly including clips for the rod ends..

6. 72fan

72fan Registered Member

What did you have in mind for price? I would love to see your truck, I noticed you have a 2" lift-I am looking for a 2 to 2-1/2" myself-what is the best riding brand?

7. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

I don't know what these parts are worth.. Give me a number and let's go from there.. Where are you located.. I am in Texas.

I bought the Tuff Country EZ Ride kit including shocks. The front is 2" lift & the rear is 4" lift. All springs, no blocks.. the reason for the difference is to level the truck. In addition I bought the ORD greasable shackles F&R. I am very pleased with the way it has turned out. I don't rock crawl, but I do go to the beach (56 miles of sand) and through the muck & mud some. Mostly I am going to use the Jimmy as a second vehicle & to tow my Mako boat...