Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'72 HD dually in SE Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by G-Force8, Dec 4, 2006.

1. G-Force8

G-Force8 1/2 ton status

Someone needs to get a truck off of their land, as it is going up for sale. I got the ID card out of the glovebox but didn't write the info down and am waiting to hear exactly what model the truck is for sure.

I remember the truck is a larger '72 HD 2wd dually rig ( big-body,18-wheeler type) with a rotten wooden flatbed , many collectible antique rat turds and 1990's newspaper pages, well weathered, and a 4-bolt main 350 hooked up to an SM465 tranny. IT has been sitting on top of a mountain in Talahina Oklahoma for nearly a decade. IT was up there when the owners bought the property about 6 years ago and believe it or not a hot battery was hooked up to it and it started and actually drove a few feet but the brakes were beyond dangerous. I pulled the factory aircleaner and the carb was clean and un-contaminated by the elements.

The owners want the thing gone and I'm trying to help out two partys in one go. I'm sure someone can find a local scrapyard that will take the bulk of the truck after the drivetrain is pirated, but the truck has to be towed down the mountain. Which is why the owners only want $100.

I will work on getting some pictures if anyone is interested.

pm me and I will put you in touch with the owners

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  2. Musclerodz

Musclerodz 1/2 ton status

PM sent

Mike

3. G-Force8

G-Force8 1/2 ton status

Still waiting on the ID card I pulled from the glovebox. It was left in Oklahoma and the owners won't head up their again for another week. They think it may be a 1.5 ton,but when I find out for sure I will post the info and get back to those of you who pm'd me.