Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 K-5 Blazer, crate 383, Here's the rock bottom price

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by victory65, Aug 14, 2006.

1. victory65

victory65 Registered Member

I've put less than 700 miles on this truck since I finished building it last year. The only thing I've not done yet is to install the new front carrier and new ring and pinion gears. Here's the lowdown: 383 crate engine, New heavy duty balanced torque converter, custom built rear driveshaft from high angle driveline, front driveshaft was lengthened at local shop, Mickey Thompson 36x15.50 MTZ's with less than 700 street miles on them, 6" tough country E/Z ride lift(no blocks), ORD greasable shackle flip kit, premium warn hubs. All the above parts are new and there are so many things that I can't even think of right now. It's got the TH350, NP205, front Dana 44 and rear 12 bolt. The interior has many new items including new dash, gage lens, knobs, door glass seals, door seals, lift gate seal, windshield, leather steering wheel, pioneer CD player. The truck has a few minor scratches in the paint and a minor leak in the power steering unit but everything looks and runs great. I also have the original 350 engine as it was when it came out of the truck if the buyer wants it. I've got almost $18,000 invested in this but I can't afford all the toy's anymore. I will sell for $12,500. Now $10,500. The buyer will have to make arrangements to get the Blazer home. The truck drives very well on or off road with no vibration or wobble at any speed so if you can afford the gas you could drive it across country. I'm a marine engineer and live in the styx in the north country so I've done my best to make sure everything was done the right way on this build along with a little help from this site and The good folks at ORD. Sold on eBay for $11,350.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to e-mail me at victoryengineer@sbcglobal.net Rob
    This will be on e-bay in a week.

-Also has ORD greasable front shackles as well as the ORD greasable spring eye bushings.
    -New polyurethane gas tank
    ----There are more pictures on e-bay----

100_0609.jpg

MVC-010L.JPG

ss.JPG

Truck 5.jpg

MVC-004L.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. victory65

72 K-5 Blazer

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

very sweet good luck with sale

4. victory65

Thanks Muddybuddy

5. victory65

Before I posted it on e-bay I wanted to give you guys first crack at my lowest price, $10,500. I've lost on this one, I just hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it.
    Rob (victory65)

6. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    good luck with the sale man. it's a hard & vicious market. it's hard to get even half of what you put into a project & end up losing in the end. sad but true. wish i could snatch up yours, looks sweet.

7. victory65

Thanks, and that's with a couple hundered hours of labor thrown in for free.
    Rob-victory65

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

why on earth would you want to sell such a beautiful truck? if I could afford it I would buy it in a red hot second. I would find a way to keep it if you can. sell something else but not that.

9. victory65

I know, I must be crazy. Actually, I just don't have the room anymore and I could use the money. I know I'll never have one this nice again.