Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 K-5 Problem (couple people told me to post on this board instead)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72K5BEAST, Jan 2, 2002.

1. 72K5BEAST

72K5BEAST Registered Member

Hello everyone, a couple of people told me to post my question on this board instead of the 69-72 board because this one moves much faster. So i hope you all don't mind. Anyway, on to my problem... Ok, when i start my car sometimes the car dies after about 3 seconds of idling (i'm giving it gas but it still dies). Then i'll try again and it'll die again. Then the third time it'll die almost immediately. After that... it won't start anymore for awhile. What's the deal?

And i have another problem... when i turn the engine off it sputters and clunks around for a little bit. Any idea what could be causing this?

Well, thanks everyone for the help and thanks for even taking the time to read this.

Later everyone,
    Charlie

2. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

Ceck the operation of your choke, check your timing and adjust your carburator. Sounds too rich and falling on face while not even moving. Lean it out as much as possible and open the choke. Set your timing at bout 8degrees advanced. then go rich until max RPM is reached. I dont know if this helps but happy wheelin =)

1982 K10 Silverado. [​IMG] 327 SHPE powerplant SM465/205,15"custom lift 38.5"TSL/SWAMPERS 12boltrearD44 front,3.73 gears.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like the choke to me also. What carb you got?
    Sounds like the choke is not opening a hair after it fires. wedge it open and see if it runs. Just don't drop anything down the carb.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper