Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 LWB gas tank issues

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Muddytazz, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Buddy of mine wants to remove the behind the seat tank and put back in the 2 saddle tanks (1 on each side - they were removed before he bought it). Anyways, where do you go to buy new tanks? The ones in lmc doesn't look like they are saddle tanks, they say to mount theirs where the factory spare tire would go. Need info on where to get SADDLE tanks.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

you need to find used or order the factory (auxilary) tanks they are found on 3/4 -cheyenne/super/camper models for the most part. I have them on my 72 cheyenne super they are made of heavy steel look like they will last another 34 years easy. Good luck to you. I however am going to ditch them in the summer and install the bid suburban tank between the frame rails out back and hide the filler for a clean look.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Has anyone got any pics of how these things are mounted and the filler neck is routed to the bedside?