Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

' 72 questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jay web, Nov 21, 2000.

1. jay web

jay web Registered Member

\' 72 questions

OK guys- I think I may have found a 72 blazer. I have a few questions for you guys. Are The dana 44 / 12 bolts that come in these rigs enough for the occasional trail ride/ beach trip. (nothing seriously hard)? Also- I was thinking of a lift somewhere in the 4-6 inch range but probably closer to 4. Any suggestions on lift manufacturers? What about tires? I was considering the baja belteds- any opinions? What size will fit under this truck? The question of pinion angles and steering comes to mind too. I know this is probably easy stuff for you guys- but I would appreciate the help on this and anything else that might help get me started.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: \' 72 questions

GET IT!!
    You will love it!
    The D44 and 12 bolt are good axels! another good thing is the 72 comes with the NP205 xfer case!
    On mine I have 4" Rancho front springs and 5" SuperLift rear springs. Blazers are heavier in the rear and most all spring packs are made to PickUp weight specs so the 4 and 5 combo will make the Blazer sit level. I am running 33" mud tires and they use to hit on some of the hard core twisty trails but the spots that the tires hit are now pushed in so they don't touch anymore. I'm sure with mild wheelin the 33 would not rub on a 4" lift.
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com