Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

72 Rear Seat Size?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gstuck3, Mar 16, 2005.

1. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

How many people can the rear seat sit? I have 3 kids (1 in car seat, 2 not) and hope they can fit. I'm going to look at a 72 Blazer on Sunday and I won't it bad. However, it might not be a practical vehicle if I can't fit the family. Any info, help or just some good stories to convince the wife will be greatly appreciated.

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Don't know the exact size, but three kids will fit. It'll be a little tight with the car seat. On my '72 I'm planning on putting 3 buckets with shoulder belts in the back, just to make it more secure for 3 (don't do any real wheeling with the kids on that bench unless you put shoulder belts).

As far as I'm concerned though, the 1st gens are the best of the K5's, so go for it if it's decent. Definitely become a member if you get it, then you can get into the first gen forum, lots of good info all over this site.

3. gstuck3

gstuck3 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I feel much better now. I like your three bucket seat idea too. I really hope the Blazer is in good shape cause I won't a 1st gen bad. He wants 4k for it.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Not a bad price depending on condition. Considering where you are it should be rust free too. If you can get a digital pic when you look at it, I'll post it up for you, (my e-mail's in my profile) you'll probably get more advice than you wanted.