Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-74 Factory Roll Bar PICS? Anyone Have One

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Oct 21, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I need some pics of the factory roll bar for a 73... mostly what it connects to (ie frame.. where..) I dont feel very safe in mine without the roll bar and it has a full convertable top I dont want to chop it up much and im guessing it would be a little easier to take the top off too. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great and if anyone nearby is looking to sell or give one away let me know i have some things i can trade i have a couple of rears you have to pick them up tho they are 12 and 10 bolts. I also did a search and could not find what i was looking for unless i missed it. thanks much

2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Anyone... guess this subject is taboo or not very interesting to many people :o

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I took one out of my '73. It did not attach to the frame. I't s very simple U-bar that bolted to the floor right behind the driver and passenger, and had 2 45* supports that tied into the upright by your head and went back down and bolted to the 45* front section of the rear wheel well. Not very robust in my opinion, may be just enough to save your life though.