Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-75 Blazer Doors: How do I replace 'em

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LoggieStyle, Jul 10, 2002.

1. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

73-75 Blazer Doors: How do I replace \'em

Hi all,
    I'm not too knowledgeable about working on my own vehicle yet so hopefully this question won't seem too odd. I just puchased my first off-road vehicle, a 75 Blazer. Everything was in very good condition when i got it except for the doors which are wavy, don't fit exactly right and one has a little rust starting to form. I have looked all over for replacement doors but I can't find anywhere that sells 73-75 full convertible blazer doors. Does anyone know of a place to find these or if I bought a 76 door and sawed off the extra part of the window frame, would that work just as well? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font color>

Thanks for your time,

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: 73-75 Blazer Doors: How do I replace \'em

you can buy doors of any blazer or burban fron 73 to 91 and any truck 73 to 88. then cut them off just as your doors are and install the bumpers as needed. just adjust your hinges and center stop for them to align. the chiltons manual shows a great way to adjust doors. then paint the hinges once you get them lined up right so you can see where they go if you ever have to take them off agian.
    grant /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah any of the doors will bolt on. There were some changes to the inside for different door pannels. I think any door from 73-76 is the same. I think in 77 there was a change and the door pannels you have will not fit. Might be wrong on that but LMC list doors from 77-91 as being the same. They list door pannels as 73-76, 77-80 and 81-91 as different. the 77-91 all look same size but different cosmetic look. mounting holes all appear to be same location.
    The cuts are tricky but it's doable if you take your time and measure it properly. Where the door cap bolts on you will need to manufacture or slavage the plate that is welded in under there to tie the top of the door together and give a place to mount the cap on. Other than that to door is identical.
    Welcome to CK5

4. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I had a feeling that is what I would need to do, thanks for the help, you guys rock! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

And just so you know, that's exactly what GM did to make these doors.