Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-75 factory roll bar in an 88? *one more question*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I can get a roll bar from a 73-75 full convertible K5. It's the one the goes right behind the driver and passenger seats. Will this be a direct bolt in? Has anybody done it?

What about the factory rear roll bars will they fit?
    Thanks

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Re: 73-75 factory roll bar in an 88?

Nope, it's not a direct bolt in. The floor pan up behind the drivers seat is different. You'll have to lengthen the front hoop about 6" or so. If you decide you don't want it, PM me...I'll buy it fo rmy '74! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The rear will fit but shane74 is correct on the front. As far as I know a front hoop was not available factory after 77. 78 is when the floor changed. The rear hoop seems like it was available till about 82 and then it was no longer offered.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Got one in my '82 and the RPO code to prove it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Alot of people don't believe me though when I say its factory.

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yep, they were an option you could order, but they were not a standard item. Still, one from a 73-75 won't bolt right into anything but a 73-75. It'll take some mord-i-fication to the front hoop is all. Wouldn't be a hard thing to do though!. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Actually it will bolt into 76, and 77 without mods, because they didn't change the floor until 78 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yup, But the 76 and 77 don't have the factory holes in the floor...so even then its a drill and bolt in...yeah I know being a smart @ss! Just didn't want to admit you got me is all! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Just extend the little legs. Build some plates so you can 'sandwich' the body inbetween the feet of the bar and some plates underneath the body. The feet need to be a different size/shape than the plates for underneath so if it were to roll, it won't punch thru the metal (some fabricator dude on this site told me about that /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ).

I took the factory roll bar that was in the rear of my '79, and extended the feet and turned the roll bar around and it fits quite nicely and looks good /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif