Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-75 full top swap to an 84

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by santana, May 27, 2004.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

OK, I scored a full top and the windshield frame off a 74 k5. I know I'm gonna need the door caps and prolly gonna buy all new rubber from LMC, What else do I need? How to reinforce the windshield frame and possibly need a rollbar to support the quarters. What else am I missing before I take on this task, wanna do this before I paint it but don't want to start and not be able to finish soon since I drive it a lot. Lastly what would the difficulty level be from 1-10, I have full access to fabricating tools/machinery at work so pointers and ideas are welcome.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. richheezee

richheezee 1/2 ton status

I am also interested in this. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have the doors /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif and the full hardtop will be coming thru next week. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Might do a search. THis is a pretty regular question. Lots of information already here on the site about it.