Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-75 Jimmy full convertible top info ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kmbonomo, Sep 11, 2000.

1. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

NEED HELP... Im looking for a full convertible top for a 1973 jimmy and need some advice on finding the best product out there... would like a 2 or more piece top that is part a bimminie top over the cab and attatchable rear... Im totally lost here so any help is greatly appreciated.. I see the top from kayline reviewed and like that attatchment system but it appears they dont have the full top model... Help me, Help me... Thanks Keith

2. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i have a kayline top for my "74" blazer. i put quotations because technically my truck is a '79. you can see the pics of the top. go to the home page, side bar project vehicles; money pit.
    the top is for a 73-75 blazer/jimmy. it is black denim. i have no complaints about the top, it is quiet and dry and has put up to alot of abuse in the woods. the sides and back roll up to make a "bimini top" covering the front and rear passengers.
    i bought mine from turner four wheel in georgia. 1.800.THEJEEP. call them.
    hope this helps,
    MTPockets.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I contacted Can-Back about thier tops and wondered if they were going to offer a top for the full converts. Unfortunately here is what they replied with:

>>Michael; Thanks for the inquiry, but unfortunately not. The half-shell 76-91 proved to be more than a challenge and we decided not to take on the full top. Sorry we can't help you out on this one. Sincerely, Dick Lamont.>>

So I guess Kayline is one of the only ones...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

AS FAR AS I KNOW KAYLINE IS A GREAT TOP TO HAVE. SOUNDS LIKE IT IS DURABLE AND EASY TO PUT ON AND OFF. I FOUND ONE FOR MY 74 BLAZER FOR $413.90 WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING. THE SITE IS http://store.yahoo.com/camelot/trucks.html

DAZED AND CONFUSED IN A 74 BLAZER

ZEPPLIN

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've had my best-top for somewhere nearing a year now. No complaints whatsoever. It was under 500 bucks too. I got mine from JC Whitney.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

7. kmbonomo

kmbonomo 1/2 ton status

Anyone else reading this and looking for the same should know I contacted Kayline and got the following responce so it may be worth the wait for their new top...

on 9/11/00 12:19 PM, Keith Bonomo at bonomo@netonecom.net wrote:
    I see your fast track soft top and wanted to know if your manufacturing it in a full top version for 73-75 jimmy's... and if not will you be????

@ @ HAVE A GREAT DAY!
    __L__ bonomo@netonecom.net

Dear Sir:

We are completing development on the fasttrac top for the 69-72 Blazer/Jimmy, at the present time. The fasttrac top for the 73-75 Blazer/Jimmy will be the next top we develop. We will begin on that when we finish the 69-72 top. I do not have an expected completion date for the 73-75 top, as yet. We do make a snap top for the 73-75 Blazer/Jimmy.

Thank you for your interest, and I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Blake T. Robinson
    President
    Kayline Mfg., Inc.