Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-75 Upper & Lower Door Caps

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Polaris, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm gathering the parts to go full convertible on my '90. I do have the right lower door cap, so I need the left. I need both of the uppers. Thanks!

2. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of getting rid of my 1974 blazer body It is rusted and complete. Body is rolling. What do you need?

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Great! I need the upper lower door caps. If you'd like, send me your e-mail address and I can send a pic of the lowers that I have. It's like a plastic or fiberglass piece that screws on. I think that's it!

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Can't get ahold of this guy - anyone else out there that might have them? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I just got a response to a PM from him last night. Ya might want to try again. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Sorry Andrea, I haven't been able to get ahold of you, I WILL check out my Blazer and see if the caps are there. Do you need the ones aroud the windows at the rear of the door? PM me back and we'll talk. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got a '75, so I can explain what she's looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif For '73 through '75 models, GM cut off the window frame, except the part that goes in front of the vent window. At the upper cut they installed a rubber plug, just above the vent window. It's held into the frame with a single screw. At the lower cut, just above the door handle, they installed a hard plastic plate that's held on with about 3 screws. She needs those parts from both doors. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thank you!!! I really appreciate that. I've never seen the upper parts so I am kind of lost. That was a great description.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Did you already fab the guts inside the door?

If you did, do you have pics, and/or descritions?

I need to replace my doors. For the life of me, I do not look forward to recreating these retaining screws and connectors that are inside the doors to hold the caps on.

BTW: Have you looked at LMC catalog?
    I see you get the two lower pieces for $16.95.
    The door upper rubber pieces are *gulp* up there!

Dang, I need one of those upper pieces too. But that can wait until next winter.

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Someone is catching up on really old mail today /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    I have decided to put the full convert on hold indefinitely. I may end up with an extra set of door caps; would you be interested if I do? I have 2 potential sources. I have not done a thing to the doors or any other part of it, except to have the cage installed. With the doors and half top off, I'm getting enough breeze. It makes a huge difference!

11. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

The reproduction lower door caps are made of plastic. The original ones were made from fiberglass. Just an FYI /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif