Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-80 Xenon Fender Flare Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sprather, Mar 21, 2006.

1. sprather

sprather Newbie

Does anyone have pics of the Xenon fender flares installed on a 73-80 Jimmy or Blazer? I just buught them to put on my 78 Jimmy, but there is very little information available for these years and I am just curious of how they will install. Are there any modifications required to install if you do not have any moldings? Does the side marker light have to be relocated? Any information would be great. I have seen the 81+ installations for the front wheels and there is a cutout in the flare for the marker light and I am hoping the same is true for the 73-80 flares.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Shouldn't need to do anything for the marker light, as the 73-80 light is further forward (being vertical, as opposed to the 81-87/91's horizontal arrangement, which is much close to the wheel well lip.)

Shouldn't matter if you have moldings. I put a set of random unknown brand flares on my pickup and just drilled and screwed.

-- A

3. Larry

Larry 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

A windy corner of a dirty street: Pueblo West, CO
    I ordered Xenon flares for mine a few years ago but 4WP quoted a 6 week lead time before Xenon could supply them so I ordered a set of Warn 4Xflares instead. About a month after I installed the Warn flares, 2 big boxes showed up from Xenon. The Xenon’s appeared to be much better quality than the Warn's I had already installed but shipped them back as it was too late to yank off the Warn's.

If I remember right the Xenon flares looked very similar to how the Warn's look and mount. I also believe Xenon flares cover the lower half of the sidemarker light as well.

The nice thing about the Xenon's is they are flexible. Warn's are very ridged and will most likely crack like an egg when the inevitable tree smacks one of them.

These my Warn 4xFlares
    [​IMG]
    New topper :laugh:
    [​IMG]

4. sprather

sprather Newbie

The Warn's look very nice. I hope the Xenon's look just like them and I too have heard the Xonon's are very tough. I appreciate the replies. Supposedly I am to get mine in 7-10 days, but I guess I will see.

Shane

5. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

My friend ordered some bushwackers for his jeep and retunred them right away cuz they're to brittle. Ordered the Xenons and is very happy. Im sure you'll be happy with em.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Kind of off topic but I see you are in Pflugerville, have you been over to AustinK5.net yet? Its a site that a few of us in your area created to BS about trucks.
    Should join up over there if you already arnt.
    -Chris

7. sprather

sprather Newbie

I just joined AutinK5.net 85mudblazin. Thanks for bringing that forum to my attention. That's cool.

Shane