Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-87 LWB 8' stepside bed (or parts of one)

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 79silverado, Jun 26, 2005.

1. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

Like the title says, the thing I really need are the two 8 foot bedsides for the box, ones around here are usually either heavily dented or rotted away behind the fenders. If there was a nice complete bed I'd take that too, wood floor condition doesnt matter as I'd redo it anyways. So if anyone knows of any that could somehow make it up to the northeast, delivery, shipping, whatever, I'd be interested long as the price didnt kill me.

2. 79silverado

I have box sides, anyone out there with a pair of rear fenders, steps (if theyre better than what I got), headboard, and GMC tailgate?

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Wes, ThatK30Guy, out in Kansas is parting out a short stepside bed with minimal rust. Might want to PM him.

4. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

looks like your doing what I did or doing. I put an 8' stepside on my GMC:

[​IMG]

I ended up buying a new front panel/wiring harness from Athey's Classis Trucks in Northern VA. Got my lights/tailgate/bumper from board members at www.67-72chevytrucks.com Bought the bed strips from Classic Heartbeat. Good Luck.

[​IMG]

5. 79silverado

Exactly what I'm doing. I got the bedsides yesterday, supposed to pick it up when they get it off the truck between now and friday. Now I'm lookin at fenders, better tailgate and headboard, the fun part which is alot easier to find. Also contemplating moving to a fuel cell located in the front of the bed using a 2nd headboard cut down and welded in to seperate it from the rest of the bed....