Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73' Front Floor pan / board replacment, anybody have pics & ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, Mar 4, 2004.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

73\' Front Floor pan / board replacment, anybody have pics & ideas

I'm planning on adding rock sliders on my 73, but my floorpans are rusted out at the kickpanels. I was wanting to take care of this problem before the sliders. Does anybody have pics or possibly a link to a wright up over this. Fab'ing in some sheet metal has crossed my mind, but i don't have a lot of time to be around the shop so I figure that installing formed pannels would be quicker. But I could be wrong. I will be attaching a cage this summer witch could require me to go with the sheet metal. Please help I need some ideas & visuals. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Re: 73\' Front Floor pan / board replacment, anybody have pics & ideas

www.tabcobodyparts.com has replacement floor panels.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I just went and looked and what they list as floor is the same thing they list as floor for a truck. It's the front pan to just in front of the seat. it does not include the floor under the seat. It's a good start but it is not really a blazer floor.
    They do not list rocker box for 73-75 at all.

So far I have not found anybody that has a floor. Dealer has a part number that includs rocker box and floor from fire wall to the bed from door opening to tunnel. They wanted about $400 per side up front none refundable if it was wrong before they would place the order to see if it was even available. They would only refund if they couldn't get it.

I made my floor and I made a sub frame to replace the rocker box. Sorry I have manage to loose the pictures I had.
    If I had to do it again I would start with the floor patch pannel then make the under seat portion. How I delt with the rocker boxes would depend on the vehicle. For a 4x4 I would put a set of modified rock rails like the onees 4x4 Iron sells. The modification would inlude a 1x2 box section into the A piller with blind nuts to suport the fire wall. Exteinsions to form the forward cab mount and a triangle brace to the main suport beam in the bed floor right behind the front seats.

I'm contemplating a Redo of my truck and a lot of what I have done would change. I'll document that but it's probably goingto be fall before I mess with this if at all.

4. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

Try Auto Body Specialties up here in CT-they should have the floor pans you are looking for.

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/