Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73 jimmy how much would you pay

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Sep 7, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

been looking at a 73 jimmy for some time what would you pay? has a 350 two seats,needs paint, new 4"lift,tires rims,dual exhaustinterior is fair.http://community.webshots.com/user/kv5137

2. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

how much are they asking...

3. 75K5

75K5 1/2 ton status

I would say in that condition $2500 - $3500 depending on how well it drives, and what all is broke. I sold a running 75 with a tiny bit of rust for $1500 that needed a little work. I also paid $6500 for my fully restored 75.

hope that helps...

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

73 pre smog, goes for a mint in California.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    73 pre smog, goes for a mint in California.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN.

6. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

$2200, and he' come down from 3000. runs ok i think it needs a clutch or adjustment at the least. my 84 runs better. just the whole convertible thing has me hooked

7. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Check for rust, check for leaks, check the window door seals. The roll up windows into the top WERE expensive ($140 PER SIDE!!!). Now I see you can get them from LMC (I think) for $58 per SIDE!.

Ask if the tops been off before.

Check for rust near the tailgate and corners, check inside where the top meats the boddy where the backseat goes- if it leaked, near door kick plates on floor, inside and outside rocker rust and along where the door seal goes (water tends to pool there and rust).

Check fender outers if it has the molding, they are most likely rusted too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Lots of primer there..... why?

Baby blue with a brown hood... why?

Nice wheels though.

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Ask LOTS of questions! I paid $3000 for mine and it looked to be in great shape. I have another $4000 into it because the top leaked like a sieve (if the top needs new seals you can plan on $500 minimum for all the new seals you'll need), the front end was shot from the steering column to the ball joints, (cost me another $1000 to fix it all), the suspension was shot (cost another $700 for complete suspension rebuild), the floor was rusted out under the carpet (REAL spendy unless you can do it yourself), and there was at least 100' of wires running from everywhere going nowhere. The rest of the $$ was misc. stuff and other repairs like starter, alt. batt. carb. water pump, fuel pump...stuff like that. Now it looks pretty good and drives very good, but I had to fork over a lot of $$ to get it there. I'm nowhere near done with it. And now to answer the obvious question...why did I pay $3000 for it? Because it is a full removable top, and besides the rust in the floor everything else was in great shape bodywise. It has the original 4-bolt main 350 in it. It has a NP203 x-case. It has a d44 front and 12 bolt rear, and it was the exact body style I wanted. I knew going into it that I'd have to dump a ton of money into it. Had it been a 1/2 topper there's no way in hell I'da paid that much for it. The fact that it was a relatively untouched '74 is why I bought it for that price. If that truck already has all of that type of work done, then he has saved you a lot of grief and it may be worth a little more to you. You kinda gotta call this one by how you see it and how bad do you really want a full removable top K5? Good luck!