Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73 Jimmy lighted, dash toggle switches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody. I finally picked up my 73 Jimmy on Mon nite and I have my first question about it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

There are three switches on the dash just to the right of the ash tray and I don't know what they are. They are horizontal black switches very similar to the electric back window switch on my 90 K5. Except these switches do switch to "on" and they also have a little yellow light to let you know they're on. I would think the manual would tell you what they are, but I don't have one /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif .

I'm going to trace them if need be, but I figured it was a simple answer for someone who has an early 2nd gen. Thanks!!

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

those aren't stock.

3. unsane

unsane Guest

those were stock in 73 !!!! the middle on is the Self Destruct switch. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

oh so the other two must be used for the ejection seat and the smoke screen /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

They are definitely not stock.
    Do you have power windows?
    and if so, are the switches on the doors functionning?
    I saw someone retrofit power windows and use this kind of setup from a european car.

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Or maybe fog lights?, rear lights?

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the inputs guys. I found out they release the nails out the back and extend the spnning blades from the wheels /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Seriously, I didn't get a chance to trace them yet, but I figured out a possibility. The previous previous owner used it to plow, so I wonder if they were extra switches for the plow setup. Maybe the extra lights and stuff for it. It was just odd to me that they were still getting power (the light comes on when I flip the switch). I will check it out this weekend and let you know.

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

There you go.
    It's for the plow and auxiliary lights.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif