Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73"//k5-NP205 In82'K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1bigk10, Jan 14, 2002.

1. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

73\"//k5-NP205 In82\'K5

I installed an Np205 from a 73'K5 into My 82'K5 and keep tearing my engine mounts. When I installed the T-case I had to remove the side frame mount becouse it would not fit and the frame had no provisios for it.
    I must also add that the current frame is out of a 76' blazer. Engine,tranny and T-case are 65'SHPE327-corvette engine SM465-tranny Np205.

I'm almost considering building custom engine mounts using Polyurethane bushings like those found in spring eyes. I need to do something Engine mounts arent cheap especily after 4 sets.

1982 K10 Silverado. [​IMG] 327 SHPE powerplant SM465/205,15"custom lift 38.5"TSL/SWAMPERS 12boltrearD44 front,3.73 gears.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Re: 73\"//k5-NP205 In82\'K5

Is it possible that something is misaligned? If you drilled the frame to accept the crossmember in a new position (due to the t-case swap), it could it be off center causing it to pull to one side. Also look at the rubber mounts on the crossmember, if they're bad, that can kill motor mounts. Last but not least, some people will lower the t-case crossmember to relieve the driveshaft angle, this could cause early failure of the motor mounts too. When the crossmember is lowered it causes the assembly to pull on the motor mounts because the motor is now tilted back.

Hope some part of this helps.

John
    80 K10 w/ a LOUD 468 / hard hitting 400 / nothing but a 205 / a D60, nuff said / a trusty C14 / riding on 12" and 44,s
    www.nvrenuf.fws1.com

3. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

The crossmember bolts into the factory locatd holes using the same cross member It is not dropped down with spacers and the transfercase mounts are brand new.
    I'ts as I said before the mount on the origal K5 has a bracket that bolts to the passenger side of the T-case and then has more rubber bushin on it wich bolts to the inside of the frame rail on the pass-side. When i first installed the tranny i took off and the engine and tranny rocked about 6" to the pass side and ripped my engine mounts. And continue to do so every time i put ne ones in.

1982 K10 Silverado. [​IMG] 327 SHPE powerplant SM465/205,15"custom lift 38.5"TSL/SWAMPERS 12boltrearD44 front,3.73 gears.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

My 205 came out of a 1980 1-ton truck. It has a beefy steel rod that bolts to the 2 holes in the passenger side of the t-case. The other end is attached to the back of the engine, using one of the same bolts that hold the tranny in place. Perhaps this is the part that you need?

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

5. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

The early 205s had that bracket mount with the bushings that bolted to the frame, I like those mounts and would just drill some new holes in your frame and use it. I did that on a 77 Blazer frame that did not have the holes so it will work, you can get poly bushings for those mounts too in the LMC catalog.
    An old trick thats been done for years is to use a small piece of good chain on the back of your motor on the drivers side hooked into your frame rail that wont let your motor torque over to much. there will be some extra holes on the back side of the head to hook into.
    I had to do both the chain and mount on my old Blazer/pick-up with a healthy BB after noticing thru the cowl hood that the motor wanted to almost lay on its side under hard throttle. This should solve your problems for no money!

RGF