Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73 K5 W/AC Radio Swap

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Chaz316, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I have bought a new radio so that I can hook up a CD changer. I went to pull the old radio out but the AC ducts are in the way. Would it be easier to pull the instrument cluster out and pull the radio out that way?

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air, 4in susp, 35's

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

It's cake to get the A/C ducts out - they just pop off. It's a hellofabunch easier to pull the duct than try from the top.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've installed a ton of radios in 73-87 GM trucks and Blazers. Its super easy to pull that long duct out and pull the radio through the bottom. And all the other installers I have ever worked with have done it that way also. Good luck. Don't forget the screw that holds it in place right under the steering column.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I was looking at pulling it that way but I already have the dash and Insrument cluster cover off. Friday I'll try and pull the AC out then.

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air, 4in susp, 35's