Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'73 K5 window regulator swaps?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mofugly13, Jan 5, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

\'73 K5 window regulator swaps?

My drivers side regulator stripped the gear today. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I knew it was on it's way out when I got the K5, so I've been loking around at yards for one in decent shape. In the LMC catalog, they list a part number for 1973, a different number for 74-76, and ANOTHER number for 77-91. When I've found a decent one at the junkyard(JY generally has '77-'85 or so Chevy trucks) it looks like the splined stud that the handle mounts on is longer than the one currently in my blazer. Does this mean I need to find a 73-specific regulator?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: \'73 K5 window regulator swaps?

The splined stud is the only difference in the regulators due to the contour of the door panels are different, but any regulator from 73 - 91 will bolt it.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: \'73 K5 window regulator swaps?

yeah its the length of the splined shaft that changed, 77-up are longer, thicker door panels so you are stuck with 73-76, i have one if you need ?

good luck