Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73 Sub Rolling Chassis and 88 3/4 Ton Sub

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by 73k10sub, Feb 28, 2006.

1. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

I have two Sub projects that I am not going to be able to do.

The '73 is a rolling chassis: GONE!

The ’88 is a former Air Force vehicle: ¾ ton, 8,600 lb. GVW, 9 passenger, Scottsdale, 3.73 gears, 5.7 EFI, TH400, and 208 t-case. It also has intermittent wipers, 105 amp alternator, and front/rear air (does not work). You can PM me for a list of the RPO codes. Except for some surface rust on the body, this vehicle is about as rust free as you will see for an ’88. It has part of an AZ emissions inspection sticker on the right rear passenger door. I bought it at Tinker AFB in OK City. I believe it has never been driven in a salted road situation. Pics will show some dents in the body. The paint is fair and needs to be polished. I believe a couple of the doors were repainted as the blues a little different. The interior is fair with no major rips in the seats. They repaired some with those glue kits from the auto parts stores. The rubber flooring is pretty rough with several cracks and a hole where many driver’s feet have been. Tires are Firestone LT245/75R16 that are fair and the spare is a LT235/85R16.
    It would make a good hunting/fishing/camping rig or it would be the base for a build up. It runs good. I used it a bit to move household items last summer but have not driven it enough to get a feel for fuel mileage or oil usage. It puffs a little bit upon start up but is not a mosquito killing fog that some of these engines will do with age. This vehicle was on CNG at one time. The CNG tank was missing when I got it and I have since removed everything else (the under hood/electrical stuff). It has 95,069 miles on the odometer.
    Things I know it needs: a radio and speakers (came without), the A/C repaired (it is unplugged under the hood and the rear unit blower motor is bad), drag link and tie rod ends, shocks, and a steering stabilizer. And as much TLC/dollars as a person would want to put towards the interior. Delivery might be a possibility depending on distance from the Tulsa, OK area. . Asking $2300.00. ’88 pics at: http://coloradok5.com/photos/misc.php?action=orderphotos&s=&cat=682

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

73 is gone; price reduction on 88

Bump

3. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status