Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

73-up car engine mounts, learn me about these

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Feb 28, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just liek the trucks had to- did the cars also have to wait til 73 to get the common normal clamshell style engine mounts ??

i thought it all happened in 69 for the cars when the manifolds got changed to later log style and also waterpumps got shortened,

when did cars change what ? i know in 68 the intakes and alternator mounting locations changed in cars and trucks all, but what about car exhaust manifolds and engine mounts ?

thanks

2. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just liek the trucks had to- did the cars also have to wait til 73 to get the common normal clamshell style engine mounts ??

i thought it all happened in 69 for the cars when the manifolds got changed to later log style and also waterpumps got shortened,

when did cars change what ? i know in 68 the intakes and alternator mounting locations changed in cars and trucks all, but what about car exhaust manifolds and engine mounts ?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that you know way more about this than any of us do!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't have enough experience with pre-'77ish stuff to know for sure. I got my license in '86 and my parts cars were mid-to-late '70's and up wrecks. So most of mine were the later style motor mounts. And lots of smogger motors!!!

I know that just about any small block built from 1978 to 1988 (G-Bodies especially) will interchange just about any bracket or accessory... Before that there was some oddball stuff around the A/C compressors and smog pumps that might not interchange here and there.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Sorry that's all I know... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif