Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'73 weatherstriping help???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by boots, Nov 12, 2002.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

Nov 3, 2002
    \'73 weatherstriping help???

I need to replace the weatherstripping around the front widows in my '73, theres very little left on either side or on either rig for that matter. it looks like there is a screw hole on both ends but doesn't appear to be anything in the middle, haven't taken it out of the packaging yet. There also appears to be small amounts of remanants of old weatherstripping between the cab and a trim peice around the window on the roof but I'm not sure. Is the middle held in by this trim peice or is it gorrila snotted in place?
    I haven't opened packaging yet since the outfit I bought it from was about $20 more expensive than Chevy duty and they also said they couldn't get the right one. There catalog listed it but there website said it was for '76-, wich should be the same part as a pickup door shouldn't it (for the 76 blazer and truck), Besides I may return it just due to the fact that the supplier I got it from has a 1 page list single spaced of ways it pissed me off. The rear window stripping was also about $20 more expensive than Chevy Duty.

Any tips? pictures? anything helpful?

please excuse typos, have two fingers splinted together, makes typing a PITA