Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74 Blazer in Oregon

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody. Here is the text and url for a classified ad for a 74 blazer in Oregon. If you browse the page, there is a Jimmy for sale too.

http://www.cosports.com/fwhldr/class.htm

<font color=orange>
    Date: 28 Oct 2000

The Ad
    FOR SALE:1974 stock K5 Blazer 4X4, dark blue with black top,(last year with full removable top) that I would be willing to let go for a quick sale of two thousand dollars. The body is fair with few dents or rust, it has a roll bar (currently uninstalled), all seats are there but no carpet. I did not fix it up as I bought it for utility purposes (and fun) to pull a small trailer.It ran good with a strong rebuilt 350 V8 (non oil burner), auto-trans,and the whole drive train is tight. It has Les Schwab tires with about 80% tread, spoke rims and warn manual hubs. About 4 months ago it developed an engine vibration all of a sudden so I drove it directly to a shop thinking it was something simple. It turned out that the front of the crankshaft had cracked from fatigue. They said it may have been caused by a loose vibration damper. The shop wanted too much to replace the crank and I did not have the time so it sit. Some time later I came across a good deal on a used chev 350 with four-bolt mains. The plan was to rebuild up a really strong four-bolt engine then install it. This second engine goes with the deal. Time changes all plans though and now I find myself without time or money to fix it up and it's just sitting! If interested, I will send j-peg photos. As a side note, in Oregon this vehicle qualifies as "pre-DEQ" and is exempt from the hassle of pollution inspections.

William Dysinger Portland, Oregon (503)449-8517 cell
    </font color=orange>

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I thought 75 was the last year for the full removeable hardtop?!?

Dazed and Confused in a 74 Blazer

Zeppelin

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Yeah he is obviously <font color=red>dazed and confused</font color=red> without a Blazer!

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>