Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74 blazer stuck in 4 wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74chelsea, Aug 23, 2001.

1. 74chelsea

74chelsea Registered Member

my hubs are free and the cab shifter is in 2 wheel but my front drive shaft is spinnin, its a 74, any idea whats goin on?

2. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

When you say the shifter is in 2wheel do you mean it's not in H-LOC or L-LOC? My 73 is full time 4wd. I have the Warn Premium hubs but the front drive shaft turns because the transfer case(in mine) is always in 4wd. I am not sure if they offered a true part-time transfer case or not back then, or yours may have been swapped out.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like somebody added the lock-out hubs, but never converted the NP 203 to part time operation...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sometimes the shaft will spin from drag in the case. Nothing wrong with that. Infact it is really not a bad thing because it will get some oil up to the top of the case to help lubricate the bearings. Just be sure it's not actully in LOC and it will be fine. If you can reach under the truck with it in park and the front shaft will spin by hand then your fine. Forget about it.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper