Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74' body on 77' frame and a air compressor question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyman562, Mar 18, 2004.

1. chevyman562

chevyman562 Registered Member

74\' body on 77\' frame and a air compressor question.

I was hoping you guys could help me with a few questions. First I found a great deal on a 74' k-5 body. Will this mount on my 77' frame? Do all the mounts match up? Also does anyone know how to convert my a/c compressor to a regular air compressor? I want to mount a tank under the body of mt blazer. Thanks.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Re: 74\' body on 77\' frame and a air compressor question.

From 73-77, the frame's are supposed to be the same. They changed the rear footwell area in 78, and the frames also were changed. The body mounts for the rear part of the main cab were moved from inside the frame to outside the frame so the rear foot well could be enlarged.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: 74\' body on 77\' frame and a air compressor question.

Body should bolt on no problem. 77 is the last year before the rear seat foot well.

The Fridgidair log doesn't do well as a air compressor. It will puke after just a few months. York, rotory your and saden work better.
    www.onboardair.com has a nice digram.