Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'74 C10 shortbed goes bye bye and new Dana 60 arrives; and other project pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 1, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That didn't last very long. So much for my economical 250 6-cilinder '74 Chevy shortbed.
    [​IMG]
    Got tired of it, and traded it plus $900 for an '81 GMC 1-ton 4x4. Did the trade now and I'll have to pay off the remainder later after I pay off an '84 Blazer.

The '81 GMC 1-ton 4x4, 350, TH400/205, Dana 60, 14-bolt Gov Lok, 3.73 gears.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to finish paying off the '84 K5 first, and then I think I'll put it back together.
    [​IMG]

The '80 Chevy only needs a motor, tranny and T-case put in it, then I'll drive it for a while then sell it.
    [​IMG]

Got the '83 K5 Blazer here at the house just needing a motor, tranny and T-case for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's almost tempting to obtain a lost title for this other shortbed truck I got and slap a 350/TH350 in it, but thats more work, so I think I'll just part it out.
    [​IMG]

Progress is slow on the '85 GMC K3500 project. Got about everything taken out of the other '85, and got the Dana 60 and 6" lift springs on the front of the 1-ton frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Wow...you have alot of trucks, can I have some parts? hah...Good luck on all those projects, I can't even afford my one sadly :(

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Do you even have time for a real job? P.S. I too wish to own my own personal chevy truck junkyard.

4. mountainexplorer

I don't have time for a real job. :haha: With 8 vending machines, the 2 rental houses, and Chevy stuff on the side, it all is about equivilent to a real job. I had to quit a job I had at a radiator shop cause I didn't have time for it. The rental houses aren't supposed to take much time... but they've been a big pain.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

ANOTHER DANA 60?????? Holy S*** :)

..Ok--fess up!..was your "economical" C10 with the straight six REALLY any better on gas than a compareable V8 is?...in my 79 C10,I actually GAINED a few mpg over the six,when I swapped the 305 in it!...I think the sixes are rugged and reliable..but not really any better for gas mileage..they have to work too hard to drag a full sized truck around compared to a V8...

I made a poem for Mountainexplorer!..

"Mirror Mirror on the wall"
    "Who's got the most Dana 60's of all"

"Why everyone knows its "Mountainexplorer"
    "He's the KING of Dana 60 Hoarders"

:D
    :haha: :haha:

Honestly,I think you found every one in WA!..I doubt there are as many here in our whole state,than you have sitting in your backyard!...:eek1:

6. mountainexplorer

Actually, the points distributor on the 6-cylinder was bad, and since I don't deal with points, I only drove it one time to go watch a mud bog last week. I toyed with the idea of doing a small block and Th350 in it... but I have too many other things going on in the realm of 4x4s.

I figure I'll just keep collecting 60's so when I have some tragedy happen or if I get married, I'll sell a bunch at $1000 each and have some money. It's easier to save Dana 60s than cash.

7. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Honestly how many d60s do you need allan? You have how many perement rigs you are building?

btw you gotta save me a k5, nothing with a good body. I'm thinking after I get the crewcab put together, I want to build a trail rig k5. Maybe get rid of the 85 to build it.

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

your going to hell allen, gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins you know. I know a way you could cleanse you soul, how bout you repent, by donate a D60 to me for a free pass to heaven. the pass will be good for the rest of your life. no, really, it is......really :D :p: :p: .

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

IIRC, his goal was 15 or 16 and to stay atleast at that. :haha: :haha:

10. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've seen them laying around in his shop... too many...

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dont you own a bunch of land? If I was you, I'd sell 10 of the 60s, and use that coin as a down payment on one of those "we build on your lot" houses. Sometimes you can get them things for under $100k. Chicks would prolly dig it...

j