Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74 Chevy ¾ ton, 4x4, Stepside, $2000

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by Taylor, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Taylor

Taylor 1/2 ton status

I’m moving to Colorado on the 26th and would like to get this sold before I leave. I bought this as a project truck a few months ago. It’s still very much a work in progress. It starts fine, but runs a little rough, like I said work in progress. *SMOG EXEMPT* Registration is current till 4/06, title in hand, bring cash and I’d recommend a trailer or something to tow it with. It will drive, but it’s a hand full on the street and I wouldn’t recommend it.

It has a 350 / SM456 / NP205.
    Dana 44 front, 4.56 gears, locker, Warn hubs.
    Corp 14 bolt rear, 4.56 gears, locker.
    4 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift.
    The tires are 36x14.5x16.5, 3 of them are some off-brand MT’s and 1 is a SS radial there all pretty worn and one of the first things it will need are new tires. I also have a set of 31 inch roller tires that are included, you can fit it into a garage w/ a 7 ft door w/ them on.
    Reinforced steering box mount
    Smithbuilt bumpers
    Roll bar

New stuff added since I’ve had it:
    Converted to HEI, w/ new summit distributor
    Taylor spark plug wires
    Fuel pump
    Steering box
    Borgson double u-joint steering shaft
    3 core radiator and hoses
    Duel electric fans, w/ Painless sensor and relay
    Battery
    Remote solenoid
    Draglink
    Air cleaner assembly
    Thermostat and housing
    Billet alternator bracket

The bad:
    Rusted floorboards, it’s rusted through on the drivers side under the gas pedal, and a little on the drivers side rocker. I have coated it w/ Rust Bullet and have some sheet metal covers on them.
    Rear output shaft on the xfer case is leaking.
    No working gauges, I have a 2 5/8 auto meter ultra light temp gauge that I bought to test out the new fans that’s included, I was eventually planning on replacing all the gauges w/ ultra lights.
    No heater, the core was leaking so I bypassed it.
    Exhaust need replaced, the pipes and mufflers have some rusted through spots, and the headers have some cracks in them. I have a new set of Hooker comp headers and summit copper gaskets that are included.

[​IMG]