Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

74 Chrysler Blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Grim-Reaper, Apr 23, 2000.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ok has anybody else cought the NEW Car Parts.com TV add. First time I thought I heard it wrong. I'm pretty sure I heard it right this time. They said "looking for an alternator for a 74 Chrysler Blazer". Did I hear that right?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Did not the Chrysler folks have a Laser car out a while back?

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: 74 Chrysler Blazer? I was hearing things.

Ok I heard it again. You were exactly right. They said 84 Chrysler Laser. Hmmm maybe I should clean my ears and turn the stereo down some.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

4. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I also thought they said Blazer too when i heard it on TV today. It still sounds like it too me, so i guess i have more crap in my ears than you do.

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea. I thought I was going crazy. It really sounds like Blazer. I mean who the hell would want parts for a Lazer anyways??? lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I tried using carparts.com to order some flares for my blazer. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!! it doesn't surprise me at that add. I delt with MORONS there. on there website and on the phone. I would not recomend them at all. I tried to get headers from them, they told me the only headers made that would fit my small block 76 blazer were made by borla. for 800.00. "would you like to order them sir?" click!!!!!

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Hey 73k5, I WANT TO ORDER PARTS FOR MY (wife's) LASER!! Just kidding... Many times I called parts places in my pre-Blazer days and was told "uh, sir, uh, Plymouth doesn't make the Blazer, uh, Chevy does..." and I would come back with "Well, uh, that's why I, uh, said LASER!!!" The confusion is definitely out there; gotta watch for them with empty heads.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...